THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 16 MAY 2019
1st Vice Commander Chin called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by 1st Vice Commander Chin: Commander Frease and Post Services Officer, Comrade Barnes.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the April 2019 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the April Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 341, broken down as follows: PUFL - 82; NEW -102; RE-NEW - 156; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) The Canteen will be open at 1200 on Memorial Day. Lunch will be available.
(2) Happy hour is every Friday during 1700-1900.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
(2) The Post was audited, no findings were found.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: No report.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Meinhart reported the following:
(1) Jonathan Lowen with the AmerAsian School contacted Comrade Meinhart. The AmerAsian School fun-day will have 61 students and 12 teachers. As of now the event is going to be held on Whitebeach (if available) on July 19. More information will follow.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) The steps closest to the canteen are still pending to be fixed. The steps closest to AIG have been fixed. The parking lot lights are waiting on parts to be fixed.
(2) Comrade Quinn makes a motion for 120,000 yen for initial fixes to the plumbing and inspections. Seconded by Comrade Messenger and passed unanimously.
(3) Comrade Quinn makes a motion for $10,000 for fixes to plumbing after the findings. Seconded by Comrade Messenger and passed unanimously.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Comrade Morrow made a motion to hold all new memberships received until Legion year 2020. Seconded by Comrade Quinn and passed unanimously.
(2) Comrade O'Brien made a motion for $3500 for one year of adverting. Seconded by Comrade Quinn and passed unanimously.
(3) Comrade Cathey got the flowers for the Miyazato and Memorial day services.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 18 May 2019 weather permitting. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1838 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 20 June 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. A. Chin