THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 20 SEPTEMBER 2018
Commander Cathey called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1802 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: Sergeant at Arms, Comrade Mooney; Executive Committeeman, Comrade Meinhart.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the August 2018 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the August Executive Committee Meeting Minutes, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 180, broken down as follows: PUFL - 82; NEW -59; RE-NEW - 39 TRANSFER-IN - 0.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes found a seamstress to sew American Legion emblems onto the new wheelchairs. He showed the Executive Committee an example of what it will look like.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No Report
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Comrade Reeves informed the Executive Committee the work by Yamato Corporation is almost complete. There was a walkthrough on 19 September in which minor discrepancies were found and will be fixed. As well, the Yamato Corporation was not able to complete full testing of the building so some of the funds will be reimbursed.
(2) Comrade Reeves informed the Committee of some things that were found during construction: the entrance slab to Sam's Cafe was fixed, Yamato Corporation is getting a plumber to investigate the leak in the ceiling in Sam's Cafe, as well Comrade Reeves requested a proposal to fix the canopy above the stairs.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The softball team is requesting funds to purchase a bus for the Kanto cup. Comrade Clemons made a motion to fund $360.00. It was seconded by Comrade Frease and passed unanimously.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 30 September 2018. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1823 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 18 October 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.