THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 19 August 2021
.Commander Occomy called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Occomy: Comrade Kwong, Comrade Linker, and Comrade Hoover.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The minutes of the 15 July Executive Committee meeting and 24 June Membership were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections,
they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Occomy reported the following:
The total Membership for 2022 is 143, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW - 16; RE-NEW - 53 TRANSFER-IN – 0
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Tafoya reported the following:
The smoke filters are being scheduled for cleaning.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O’Brien reported the following:
The Financial statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
1. Pappy Links: Contact made and he is doing fine.
2. Kelly Anderson: Contact made; provided support as requested.
3. Howard Schell: Contact made; support provided throughout the month.
4. Administrative support provided to seven Legion members (25 hours); 2 non-Legion members (6 hours); and two hospital visits (2 hours) to date.
5. The USNH is offering the Moderna, J&J, and Pfizer vaccines (Note: Pfizer is available to ages 12-17). Moderna and Jansen vaccines are administered at the USNH and
Branch Clinics for beneficiaries ages 18 and older; Please use the DHA Appointment Portal. For more information and guidance, visit the Post and USNH Facebook pages or
6. If you have a service-connected disability and if you are traveling overseas or residing overseas and you are interested in applying for benefits, please visit the Foreign
Medical Program (FMP) at http://Youtu.be/eY6zyRRhk8E.
7. If you are within 90-180 days of separation and would like information on the VA benefits Delivery at Pre-Discharge Program, please visit the following website for
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Tafoya reported the following:
Comrade Kwong's son recently earned his Eagle Scout distinction.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Tafoya reported the following:
The security cameras are working great.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Occomy reported the following:
Phase 2 of the fire inspections repairs are complete; awaiting receipt of final bill.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Occomy reported no new business.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Occomy reported the following:
1. The Air Force is hosting a POW/MIA 24 hour run 16-17 September. Start time will be 0830 at Merek Park on Kadena. For more information, contact comrade Kozelski.
2. Due to the recent COVID restrictions, the 26 August Membership meeting is canceled.
3. The Tomari International Cemetery clean-up will take place on Sunday, 29 August. If interested in participating, please meet at the Cemetary at 0900.
4. The 23 September membership meeting will be held in the Post Home. The Bar will close from 1730 until approximately 1830. We will continue to practice general COVID
precautions such as wearing a mask and remaining socially distance.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1817 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will
be 1800 hours on 16 September 2021 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
J. T. O'Brien L. T. Occomy