THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 16 December 2021
.Commander Occomy called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1802 hours in the Post Home
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Occomy: Chaplain Holguin, Sergeant-at-Arms Mooney, and Executive Committman Hoover.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The minutes of the 18 November Executive Committee meeting and 28 October Membership were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections,
they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
The total Membership for 2022 is 250, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW - 43; RE-NEW - 130 TRANSFER-IN - 3.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: 2nd Vice Commander Cathey reported the following:
Thanksgiving Dinner was held at the Post on 25 November; good time had by all.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O’Brien reported the following:
The Financial statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
(1) Pappy Links: Telephone contact made, he is in Senaha Rest Home in Yomitan.
(2) Kelly Anderson: Phone contact made.
(3) Howard Schell: Contact made and doing well.
(4) Administrative support provided to 6 service members; 18 hours each of direct support.
(5) The USNH provided the following link in scheduling COVID-19 vaccines: ttps://informatics-stage.health.mil/FosterCOVID19App/.
(6) Flu Shots are now available. Those 65+, Booster vaccine notifications will be posted on Facebook and via internal email distribution lists.
(7) If you have a service-connected disability and if you are traveling overseas or residing overseas and you are interested in applying for benefits, please visit the Foreign
Medical Program (FMP) at http://Youtu.be/eY6zyRRhk8E.
(8) If you are within 90-180 days of separation and would like information on the VA benefits Delivery at Pre-Discharge Program, please visit the following website for
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Kwong reported the following:
(1) AmerAsian/Legion Kids Christmas Parties will be held at 0900 - 1100 on 18 December.
(2) There were 2 applications submitted for the Post 28 scholarship. Ms. Chaney was selected and approved to receive the $5000 scholarship.
(3) The Venture Crew will have its Eagle Scout Court of Honor on 8 Janaury 2022 from 1200-1400 in the Post.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: No Report.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Occomy reported the following:
(1) Holiday bonus have been authorized for the fiscal accountant and bartenders for their outstanding service to our Post.
(2) Updated the land lease for Johnny's Auto; approved by the Executive Committee on 16 December.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Occomy reported the following:
(1) We will hold the 2022 elections during the 27 January 2022 membership meeting; notifications will be mailed by 1 January.
(2) The next General Membership Meeting will be held on 23 December 2021.
(3) The Tomari International Cemetery clean-up will take place on Sunday, 26 December. If interested in participating, please meet at the Cemetary at 0900.
(4) The Legion Riders will meet in the Legion parking lot on 19 December at 1400 to deliver the Orphanage donations.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Occomy adjourned the meeting at 1843 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting is tentatively scheduled for 1800 on 20 January 2022 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
J. T. O'Brien L. T. Occomy