THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 19 SEPTEMBER 2019
Prior to the meeting, Mrs. Law gave another presentation about the OLS (Okinawa Leadership Seminar) to the Executive Committee. The Committee was invited to the CAPTRAP kickoff for the 3rd Marine Division
1st Vice Commander Chin called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1824 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by 1st Vice Commander Chin: 2nd Vice Commander, Comrade Quinn; Chaplain, Comrade Miller; and Historian, Comrade Meinhart.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the August 2019 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the August Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 176, broken down as follows: PUFL - 75; NEW -30; RE-NEW - 70; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: No report.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No report.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) The water tanks above the Post need to be replaced due to wear and tear. Bids are being found.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Bids for the Fire Department fixes are still being collected.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Comrade Mooney and Comrade Morrow will attend the CALTRAP kick off to represent the American Legion.
(2) Comrade Chin will attend the OLS graduation on 10 October 2019.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 29 September 2019. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, 1st Vice Commander Chin adjourned the meeting at 1842 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 17 October 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. A. Chin