THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 17 December 2020
.Commander Frease called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: Executive Committeeman Boggs.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The minutes of the 19 November Executive Committee meeting were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections, they stood as read.
Note: There were no membership meetings held during the months of March through November due to the COVID-19 restrictions and therefore, the February 2020
Membership minutes remain available for review.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Adjutant Occomy reported the following:
The total Membership for 2021 is 215, broken down as follows: PUFL - 76; NEW - 27; RE-NEW - 111 TRANSFER-IN – 1
HOUSE COMMITTEE: 2nd Vice Tafoya reported the following:
The Legion Christmas Party is scheduled for 20 December from 1100-1500 within the Post Canteen. Food will be catered by MCCS.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O’Brien reported the following:
The Financial statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
(1) Pappy Links remains in the Rest Home (Senaha village facility). Visitation is restricted to family members only due to COVID-19; receiving support from his daughter.
(2) Kelly Anderson is still experiencing leg pain and needs a wheelchair for mobility. He has a friend that provides support for food and medicine runs.
(3) Howard Schell continues to use a wheelchair and crutches and undergoes Dialysis 2x a week (Wednesday and Saturdays). No assistance needed at the present time; his
Spouse and City Office are providing support when warranted/requested.
(4) Provided support to four veterans and two family member by processing their VA claims.
(5) Ben Garcia (Retired Activities Officer) Camp Foster is recuperating in an off base hospital.
(6) Flu shots are available at the USNH Foster and Kadena AF Clinic. Note: Shingles shots are available for those 65 years old or older. No COVID vacines are available yet.
For more information and updates, please visit the USNH and Kadena AF Clinic Facebook pages.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Kwong reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School event is scheduled for 19 December from 0900-1200; gifts have been purchased. Food (i.e. Muffins) will be individually wrapped/packaged.
(2) Receipts for gifts and food were turned in to the Finance Officer.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Tafoya reported the following:
Nothing to report
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Frease reported the following:
Phase 2 of the fire inspections repairs are still pending. A new estimate was provided on 22 November in the amount of ¥671,880 (increase of ¥7,480). Legion is paying 40% of the
total cost. We are now pending a meeting with SAM's management to further discuss this matter.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
Commander Frease stated that it has been a tradition to authorize holiday cash bonuses to the fiscal accountant and bartenders each year for thier outstanding service to our
our Post. In keeping with the tradition, Comrade O'Brien made a motion to authorize the payment of
Y170,000; broken down as follows: Keiko, Y75,000; Miko Y55,000;
Y25,000; Chiyaki, Y15,000. The motion was seconded by Comrade Tafoya and it passed unanimously.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) The American Legion will be closed for business on 25 December and 1 January.
(2) Clean-up of the Tomari International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 27 December; pending any changes to the COVID-19 restrictions. If anyone would like to
participate, please meet at the Tomari International Cemetary at 0900 hours.
(3) The 29 December membership meeting is cancelled due to COVID restrictions. We are coordinating a potential meeting at the Camp Foster Ocean Breeze Club on
28 January 2021; more information to follow.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1826 hours. The next Executive Committee meeting will be at 1800 on 21 January in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
L.T. Occomy M. Frease