THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 20 FEBRUARY 2020
Commander Chin called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Chin: Finance Officer and Judge Advocate, Comrade O'Brien; Sgt at Arms, Comrade Mooney and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Boggs.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the January 2020 Special Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the January Special Executive Committee, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 288, broken down as follows: PUFL - 75; NEW -60; RE-NEW - 152; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
(2) The General Membership Meeting will no longer have detailed financial reports available in the red folders; the overall financial health of the Post will be provided instead. A detailed report will be available for view by all members behind the canteen.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Jaramillo reported the following:
(1) Comrade Jaramillo contacted the VA on Camp Foster and confirmed that disabled veterans are able to use the PX and Commissary on base. However, a veteran that does not have SOFA status requires an escort on base.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No report.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Occomy reported the following:
(1)Phase one of the fire inspection repairs on the building will start near the end of the month.
(2) Phase two of the repairs requires additional construction to Sam's Cafe. Comrade Morrow made a motion, seconded by Comrade Occomy that we do not pay for these repairs. During discussion, Comrade Jaramillo made a motion, seconded by Comrade McMichen, that he Post pay 40% because Sam’s is paying 40% of phase one. The motion to pay 40% was passed.
(3) The Post received an estimation to fix the inoperative Canteen A/C. Comrade Jaramillo made a motion, seconded by Comrade Miller, to pay up to $1000.00 to fix the A/C unit. The motion passed unanimously.
(4) Moving forward the 2nd Vice Commander, being the head of Building and Grounds Committee, will hold the responsibility of all matters concerning the Canteen.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Commander Chin suggested creating a Public Relations Officer for the Post. Comrade Miller, seconded by Comrade Meinhart, made a motion to create a Public Relations Officer. The motion passed unanimously with one sustained vote.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 23 February 2020. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Chin adjourned the meeting at 1905 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 19 March 2020 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. A. Chin