THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 18 NOVEMBER 2019
Commander Frease called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1845 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: 1st Vice Commander, Comrade Chin.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the October 2019 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the October Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 222, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW -39; RE-NEW - 108; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) The Post will be open for a Thanksgiving meal 1200-1500. All members and immediate family member are welcome.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
(1) Comrade Kozlesky received information about an update to availability of on base facilities. Information can be found in the Canteen.
(2) Comrade Kozlesky assisted 3 Comrades with referrals from the VA.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Meinhart reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School Christmas day party is December 14 1200-1400 at the AmerAsian School. Signup sheet is behind the bar for members to bring their families.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: No report.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Comrade Quinn makes a motion for the Post to contact a lawyer concerning the verbage of contractual agreement with Sam's and AIG for the inspection maintenance. As well to draft a letter to the fire department requesting an extension on the inspection. Comrade Cathey seconded the motion and it passes unanimously.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Comrade Quinn brought forward a question about sending Comrade Kozlesky to the a Service officers course.
(2) The early bird special is now over. The cost of membership is now $33.00.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 24 November 2019. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
(2) Commander Frease appointed Comrade Kozlesky as the Post Services Officer. The Executive Committee approved the appointment unanimously and Comrade Kozlesky accept the appointment.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1912 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 19 December 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease