THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 17 MAY 2018
Commander Cathey called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: 1st Vice Commander, Comrade Reeves; Historian, Comrade Clemons; Executive Committeeman, Comrade Meinhart; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Warren.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the April 2018 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There being no additions, deletions or corrections to the April Executive Committee Meeting minutes, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2018 is 339, broken down as follows: PUFL - 83; NEW -103 ; RE-NEW - 152 TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) David F. Dougherty Legion Post OK28 Member passed away on 27 April 2018.
(1) Comrade Robert "Papi" Links is on the 4th floor at the Naval Hospital.
(2) Comrade Howard Shell is in the Nambu Hospital.
(3) Comrade Barnes has completed: 16 Hospital visits, 8 phone calls, 3 Legion meetings, 2 home visits, drove 32 KM for services to veterans, and completed Comrade Sorkash's decease case during the month of April.
(4) Comrade Barnes created a list for family members for knowledge of necessary paperwork needed in case of a Comrade's death. It can be found on the computer located in the Canteen.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No Report.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Commander Cathey signed the insurance for the grounds.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: No Report.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Commander Cathey asked for volunteers to attend the Department convention in June as representatives of the Post. Comrade Ernst made a motion to send Comrade O'Brien and Comrade Frease to represent Post 28 at the Department convention. It was seconded by Comrade Barnes and passed unanimously.
(2) Comrade Morrow made a motion to hold all new applications and renewal until July to allow for the start of the 2019 membership year. The motion was seconded by Comrade Ernst and passed unanimously.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Saturday, 26 May 2018. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
(2) The Post Annual Miyazato Memorial Service will take place on 27 May 2018. We will leave the Legion parking lot at 0815 hours.
(3) The Post Annual Memorial Day service at Tomari International Cemetary will take place on Monday 28 May 2018. We will leave the legion parking lot at 0815 hours. From there we will go to Mabuni Peace Park and say a prayer, lay a wreath and play taps. We will return to the legion for chow afterwards.
(4) The Post will host as the staging area for the Okinawa Motorcycle Club's poker run. The poker run is to raise funds for one their members who suffered a stroke.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1825 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 21 June 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.