THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 19 MARCH 2020
Commander Chin called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1805 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Chin: 1st Vice Commander, Comrade Frease; Adjutant, Comrade Morrow; Sgt at Arms, Comrade Mooney; Executive Committeeman, Comrade McMichen and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Boggs.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the February Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review, there were no additions, deletions or corrections to the February Executive Committee minutes, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 313, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW - 71; RE-NEW - 167; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Jaramillo reported the following:
(1) 1st Vice Commander and past Post Commander, Comrade Frease, was in the hospital and has since been released.
(2) He will be leaving in May and the ost will need a replacement.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Meinhart reported th following:
(1) The AmerAsian School Fun Day is currently on hold and will be rescheduled at a later date.
HOUSE COMMITTEE/BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Occomy reported the following:
(1) The Air onditioner in the canteen has been fixed for Yen 75,900.
(2) He is in the process of getting with Yamato Corporation for the annual cleaning of the Air conditioners.
(3) Commander Chin added that the Fire Inspection repairs are ongoing.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Chin reported the folowing:
(1) The Ernie Pyle Memorial Service is currently on hold and will be rescheduled.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Comrade O'Brien made a motion to appoint Comrade Tiffany Rancloes at the Posts' Public Affairs Officer with a salary of $200.00 a month. The motion was seconded by Comrade Jaramillo and passed unanimously.
(2) Commander Chin appointed Comrade Occomy as the Post Adjutant effective 1 April 2020. Comrade Occomy accepted the appointment and the Executive Committee approved the appointment.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 29 March 2020. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the parking lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Chin adjourned the meeting at 1837 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 16 April 2020 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
J. T. O'Brien M. A. Chin
Next Page >>