THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 21 MARCH 2019
Commander Frease called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: 1st Vice Commander, Comrade Chinn; Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; Historian, Comrade Meinhart; Sgt at Arms, Comrade Mooney; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Jaramillo.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the February 2019 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the February Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 282, broken down as follows: PUFL - 82; NEW -81; RE-NEW - 118; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Messenger reported the following:
(1) If anyone would like to utilize the canteen to host any special functions, please call ahead with pertinent information of the event. This is to allow the Legion to ensure appropriate staff is available the day of the event.
(2) Members are reminded to please lock their vehicles when utilizing the parking lot.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) 1 claim was filed and another is awaiting a response from the VA.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Comrade Kwong formally reintroduced himself to the Executive Committee as the troop Scout Master.
(2) Comrade Kwong was appointed by Commander Frease as the Troop Advisor for the Legion chartered Scouts.
(3) The Boy Scouts held their Hall of Honor in the Canteen on 17 March.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) Comrade Quinn made a motion for 570,240 yen for the repair and maintenance of the air conditioning for 3 years. The motion was seconded by Comrade O'Brien and passed unanimously.
(2) Comrade Quinn is awaiting further bids for the lights in the parking lot. The bidding period will end 17 April.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Mr. John Glenn emailed the Post about a Vietnam War Commemoration ceremony at the Foster and Kadena main exchange. The event will take place at 1130-1330. If you served during 1 November 1955 to 5 May 1975 you are eligible to receive a lapel pin while supplies last.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 31 March 2019. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
(2) The Ernie Pyle Ceremony will take place 21 April. If you like to ride the bus leaving from the American Legion parking lot, please sign up on the bus roster in the Canteen.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1855 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 18 April 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease