THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 18 JULY 2019
1st Vice Commander Chin called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by 1st Vice Commander Chin: 2nd Vice Commander, Comrade Quinn; Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; Historian, Comrade Meinhart; Chaplain, Comrade Miller; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Jaramillo.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the June 2019 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the June Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 107, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW -26; RE-NEW - 7; TRANSFER-IN - 0.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes completed one package.
(2) Comrade Kozlesky is recovering from cataracts surgery.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School fun day was moved do to the weather. More information will follow.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) The parking lot lights have been fixed.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: 1st Vice Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Comrade O'Brien made a motion to no longer renew the insurance on the truck. The motion was seconded by Comrade Cathey and passed unanimously. The motion was passed due to a lack of use of the truck.
(2) Comrade Cathey made a motion to not order anymore Patron. The motion was seconded by Comrade Morrow and passed unanimously. The motion was passed due to Patron being the only alcohol that the canteen loses money on.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 28 July 2019. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, 1st Vice Commander Chin adjourned the meeting at 1824 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 15 August 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease