THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 21 April 2022
1st Vice Commander Tafoya called the Executive Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by 1st Vice Commander Tafoya: Commander Occomy, Historian Boggs, Executive Committeemen Kwong.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The minutes of the 17 March Executive Committee Meeting and 24 March Membership Meeting were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: 1st Vice Commander Tafoya reported the following:
The total Membership for 2022 is 310, broken down as follows: PUFL - 77; NEW - 77; RE-NEW - 153 TRANSFER-IN – 3
HOUSE COMMITTEE: 2nd Vice Commander Cathey: NSTR
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O’Brien reported the following:
The Financial statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozleski reported the following:
(1) The Service Officers report is posted on the Canteen Information board.
(2) For information regarding COVID vaccines and other immunization information, please visit: okinawa.tricare.mil or https://informatics-stage.health.mil/fosterCOVID19App/COVID.aspx.
(Foreign Medical program) Health benefits for veterans travelling overseas
and or residing overseas can apply for benefits if they have a service-connected
(3) For veterans traveling or residing overseas, you may apply for health benefits through the Foreign Medical Program (FMP) if you have a service-connected disability. Visit the following link for details https://Youtu.be/eY6zyRRhk8E.
(4) For information regarding the VA Benefits Delivery at Pre-Discharge Program (BDD), please visit https//www.va.gov/disability/how-to-file-claim/VA or contact the Korea office @ DSN 757-2914; CML 050-3357-2914 or via email @ KoreaBDD.vbapit@gov.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: NSTR
(1) The motion that was tabled for the girls fastpitch softball team requesting sponsorship support for $1000 for uniform costs, an additional $500 to cover equipment, and 10 tournaments was voted on and unanimously passed.
(2) Comrade Tafoya, Comrade Cathey, and Comrade Kwong are currently leading the Office Renovation project. Current project suggestions includes replacing the flooring in the office area, purchase and installation of a TV, a zoom account, WIFI upgrades for the American Legion, new display cabinet for sale items and trophy stand, new computer and desk for members use, new photo frames, new bulletin board, improved traction for exterior stairs, kitchen renovation, updated Preamble poster, repair of current podium top, and a portable podium with the American Legion logo/emblem for events. We are still accepting suggestions to improve our appearance and efficiencies. Next report is to be presented at the next Executive meeting and membership meeting.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: NSTR
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: 1st Vice Commander Tafoya reported the following:
(1) The Annual Ernie Pyle Memorial Service will took place on 17 April 2022.
(2) Upcoming significant events are: The Miyzato Ceremony on 29 May 2022 and the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Tomari International Cemetery and Peace Prayer Park on 30 May 2022.
(2) The Tomari International Cemetery clean-up will take place on Sunday, 24 April. If anyone is interested in participating, please meet at the Tomari International Cemetery at 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, 1st Vice Commander Tafoya adjourned the meeting at 1822 hours. The next Executive Membership Meeting will be 1800 hours on 26 May 2022 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
G.R. Holguin D.B. Tafoya