THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 17 JANUARY 2019
Commander Cathey called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: Judge Advocate, Comrade Frease; Historian, Comrade Clemons; Executive Committeeman, Comrade Warren; Executive Committeeman, Comrade Meinhart.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the December 2018 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the December Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 259, broken down as follows: PUFL - 82; NEW -70; RE-NEW -106 TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
(2) The Post federal tax checks have been mailed.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes completed 2 meetings at the Post, 3 hospital visits, 8 phone calls, and drove 32 kilometers during the month.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The Post now has a plaque in the Canteen containing all the Eagle Scouts of Troop 112.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Commander Cathey received a request from the VFW to rent part of the land between Johnny's car lot and the American Legion. The matter was tabled pending authorization from the owner(s) of the plot of land.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: No Report.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: No Report.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 27 January 2019. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1818 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 21 February 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.