THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 19 JULY 2018
Prior to calling the meeting to order; Comrade Senna introduced himself as the new coordinator of the ARIRI program.
Commander Cathey called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1802 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officer was absent from the meeting and was excused by Commander Cathey: Executive Committeeman, Comrade Warren.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the June 2018 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the June Executive Committee Meeting Minutes, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 119, broken down as follows: PUFL - 83; NEW -16; RE-NEW - 19 TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Clemons reported the following:
(1) The July 4th Barbeque at the Post Canteen went well. There were 50-60 Members and family present. All had a good time.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) He conducted 4 visits to Post Members. Had 1 consultation and made 4 phone calls.
(2) Comrade Schell is in Nambu Hospital.
(3) Comrade Links is in Sanaha assisted care.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Clemons reported the following:
(1) Commander Cathey received an email from Girl Scouts Troop 317. They are requesting American Legion Post OK28 to support them with a donation of $500.00. Comrade Morrow made a motion to donate $500.00 to Troop 317. The motion was seconded by Comrade Frease. During discussion the Executive Committee decided to table it requesting further information.
(2) The AmerAsain School fun day went successful. 85 children and 20 adults attended. A good time was had by all; and Commander Cathey thanked all that assisted with the planning of the fun day.
(3) Comrade Joshua McDermott is the new assistant Troop leader for Troop 112. As well, there are Scouting magazines available to read behind the bar.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) 3 requests were sent for the spalling repair. As of now we have received 1 back and are awaiting a proposal.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1)The wheelchairs have arrived and are awaiting pick up at the Red Cross on Camp Foster.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 29 July 2018. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1826 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 16 August 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.