THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 19 DECEMBER 2019
Commander Frease called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; Chaplain, Comrade Miller; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Jaramillo.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the November 2019 Executive Committee and October Membership Meetings were available for review. There were no additions, deletions or corrections to the November Executive Committee Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 234, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW -41; RE-NEW - 118; TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Chin reported the following:
(1) The Post's Thanksgiving meal went well.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
(1) Comrade Nickerson is currently not doing well.
(2) The Department of Defense is expanding access for veterans to the commissary.
(3) If anyone needs help with VA benefits please contact Comrade Kozlesky.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Meinhart reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School Christmas day party went well. Comrade Meinhart recommends next year it is not done at the AmerAsian school.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) The inspection has been postponed until March.
(2) The issue of the fire inspection fixes required was tabled awaiting further information from Sam's Cafe, the fire department, and Aichi.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) There was one application submitted for the American Legion Post 28 Scholarship, Sarah Gascon. Comrade Morrow made a motion for $1900.00 to pay the request. The motion was seconded by Comrade Quinn and passed unanimously.
(2) Commander Frease stated it has been a tradition to authorize holiday cash bonuses to the fiscal accountant and bartenders each year for their outstanding service to our Post. In keeping with the tradition, Comrade Morrow made a motion to authorize the payment of 180,000 Yen; broken down as follows: Keiko, 75,000 Yen; Miko, 55,000 Yen; Erica, 25,000 Yen; Chiyaki, 25,000 yen. The motion was seconded by Comrade Quinn and it passed unanimously.
(3) Comrade Quinn made a motion to pay Keiko 10,000 yen for her assistance in wrapping the presents for the AmerAsian School fun day. The motion was seconded by Comrade Chin and passed unanimously.
(4) Comrade Chin made a motion that we pay 10,000 yen a month to the holder of the Post's liquor license starting in January. As well back pay the current holder 120,000 yen for the year of 2019. The motion was seconded by Comrade Quinn and passed unanimously with one abstained vote.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 24 November 2019. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
(2) Comrade Quinn informed the committee that a level 3 VA representative will be coming to the island around the MLK holiday period. If anyone would like to speak with them please contact Comrade Quinn; his contact information is available in the canteen.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1910 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 16 January 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. A. Chin