THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 15 MARCH 2018
Commander Cathey called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: Judge Advocate, Comrade Frease; Historian, Comrade Clemons; Chaplain, Comrade Ernst; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Meinhart.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the February 2018 Executive Committee and Membership Meetings were available for review. There being no additions, deletions or corrections to the February Executive Committee Meeting minutes, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2018 is 313, broken down as follows: PUFL - 83; NEW -80 ; RE-NEW - 149 TRANSFER-IN - 1.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Commander Cathey reported the following: No report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Robert "Papi" Links is in ICU at the Naval Hospital.
(2) Comrade Howard Shell is in the Nambu Hospital.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School gave the Post their newsletter, it will be availabloe behind the bar.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Comrade Reeves is in the process of getting an estimate to fix the grout in the restrooms.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Cathey reported the following: None
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1)The Ernie Pile ceremony will be held 22 April on Ieshima Island. The bus will be leaving the Post at 0830 in the morning.
(2) Comrade Barnes made a motion for $1000.00 to purchase wheelchairs for loaning to Comrades. The motion was seconded by Comrade Reeves and passed unanimously.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION:
(1) Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 25 March 2018. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the Parking Lot by 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1818 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 19 April 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.