THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING – 20 August 2020
Commander Frease called the Executive Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: 1st Vice and Adjutant Occomy, Historian Kwong, Executive committeeman McMichen, and Executive committeeman Boggs.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The minutes of the July 2020 Executive Committee Meeting were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections, they stood as read. Note: There were no membership meetings held during the months of March, April, May, June, and July due to the COVID-19 restrictions and therefore, there are no Membership Meeting minutes available for review.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Commander Frease reported the following:
The total for Membership Year 2021 is 133, broken down as follows: PUFL - 74; NEW - 15; RE-NEW - 43 TRANSFER-IN - 1
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Tafoya reported the following:
(1) The water tank on the roof has been repaired; no cost.
(2) Air Conditioner #3 repairs are complete.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O’Brien reported the following:
(1) The Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
(1) Pappy Links is still in the Rest Home (Senaha/Yomiton). Visitation is restricted to family members only due to COVID-19. Pappy’s daughter is handling all personal needs and will request assistance if needed.
(2) Kelly Anderson still needs assistance getting to/from home to the base for commissary, PX, and banking; however, he does not need Post assistance at this time.
(3) Howard Schell is at home in wheelchair for a couple more weeks; he had the cast on his leg removed. Also, he is undergoing Dialysis two times a week (Wednesday and Saturdays) and his wife and city office are providing support and assistance.
(4) USNH is offering Shingles shots at Kadena AB Clinic (supplies are limited). For Immunizations at the USNH, proceed to the tent in the front of the building for service order/pickup.
(5) Flu shots are will be available in September at the USNH. There are not VA Reps at Camp Foster or Kadena due to COVID-19. HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Nothing to report.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Nothing to report.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Phase 1 of the Building inspection is complete and Legion is paying 60% (Yen 473,688) of the total inspection fee Yen 789,480. For Phase 2, Legion will be paying 40% of the total cost of Yen 664,400.
(2) The Ernie Pyle Ceremony is cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
(3) On 2 August 2020, the Pachinko Parlor would like to use the facility as a used car lot. Decision pending from land owner.
(4) Air conditioner #3 has been repaired; original covered payment and parts were ordered and received.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
Clean-up of the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 30 August 2020 pending any changes to the COVID-19 restrictions. If anyone would like to participate, please meet in the parking lot by 0900 hours. Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1820 hours. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be 1800 hours on 17 September 2020 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved by:
L.T. Occomy M. E. Frease