THE AMERICAN LEGION WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28 1934 ADANIYA KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 27 FEBRUARY 2020
Commander Chin called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1801 hours in the Post Home.
Comrade Cathey swore in the Post officers for 2020.
The following Post Officer was absent from the meeting and was excused by Commander Chin: Sergeant at Arms, Comrade Mooney.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the February 2020 Executive Committee and January 2020 Membership Meeting were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the January Membership Meeting Minutes, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 280, broken down as follows: PUFL – 75; New - 51; Renewals – 151 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There are 10 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2020 will be 290.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Occomy reported the following:
(1) Repair of the broken A/C unit in the Canteen will begin 28 Feb 2020 at 1430.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) For the month of January: Income was $2372.52, Expenses were $10383.44 and the Post has a total balance of $645,997.71.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Jaramillo reported the following:
(1) Disabled veterans can shop on base at the commissary and PX however they need to be escorted if they are not SOFA status.
(2) Comrade Kozlesky passed word on the following:
Comrade Links is in a Yomitan rest home.
Comrade Prevencher is requesting visitors.
Kelly Anderson needs help getting on base.
(3) If anyone has any information on members that need assistance, please contact Comrade Jaramillo.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No Report.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 10 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade O’Brien made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Jaramillo and passed unanimously. There were 2 applicants present and sworn in by Commander Chin.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) The Post is looking for a new Adjutant to start on 1 April 2020. If interested, please see Commander Chin.
(2) If you have any ideas on how to make the Post more open to new people, bring your ideas to him.
(3) If you have issues with the operation of the Post and Canteen, please bring them up to the Executive Committee. We all want the Post to be a place of good camaraderie.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Chin reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 29 March 2020. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) There was $454.00 donated to the Widows Fund. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Chin adjourned the meeting at 1832 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 26 March 2020 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
J. T. O’Brien M. A. Chin