THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 22 MARCH 2018
Commander Cathey called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1803 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: Adjutant, Comrade Morrow; Historian, Comrade Clemons; Chaplain, Comrade Ernst and Sgt at Arms, Comrade Mooney.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the March 2018 Executive Committee and February 2018 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the February Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2018 is 309, broken down as follows: PUFL – 83; New - 76; Renewals – 149 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There are 6 new applicants to be voted on and if approved the Post Membership for 2018 will be 315.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Schell is in Nambu Hospital and doing well after surgery.
(2) Comrade Links is in the Naval Hospital Room # 6.
(3) Kadena PX and Manager, Jessica Provan, will honor Vietnam Veteran’s in a pinning ceremony on 29 March at 1030 in the Kadena Food Court.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Reeves reported the following:
(1) Boy Scout Troop 112 will be having a Camp out at White Beach from 2-8 April.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade O'Brien read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 6 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Barnes made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Meinhart and passed unanimously. There were 4 applicants present and sworn in by Commander Cathey.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: No report.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) The Executive Committee approved the purchase of two Wheel Chairs. If any member knows where to purchase them, please get with him.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The Ernie Pile Memorial Ceremony will be held 22 April on Ie Shima Island. The bus will be leaving the Post parking lot at 0830. The Guest Speaker is still to be determined.
(2) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 25 March 2018. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(3) The Widows Fund Donation was $131.00, $71.00 of which came from chili fund donations. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
(4) Commander Cathey swore in the newly elected Officers for 2018 of Post 28 American Legion Riders.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1825 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 26 April 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
J. T. O'Brien C. H. Cathey Jr.