THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 26 JULY 2018
Commander Cathey called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1805 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: None
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the July 2018 Executive Committee and June 2018 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the June Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 120, broken down as follows: PUFL – 83; New - 16; Renewals – 20 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There are 15 new applicants to be voted on and if approved the Post Membership for 2018 will remain 135.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Links is in the Sanaha assisted care.
(2) Comrade Schell is currently in the Nambu hospital receiving rehabilitation.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Clemons reported the following:
(1) Comrade McDermott reported all scouts in Troop 112 received 4 merit badges and one scout received 8, for a total of 36 badges earned.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 15 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Ernst made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Barnes and passed unanimously. There was 6 applicant present and sworn in by Commander Cathey.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Comrade Reeves has received 1 bid back for the spalling repair. The bid has 2 options for the repair, Yamata will give the Post a proposal early next week.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The Girl Scouts requested $500.00 from the post to fund a reading project. The executive committee tabled the request, and are currently awaiting more information from the Girl Scouts.
(1) The wheelchairs donated by the Wounded Warrior Program have arrived and are now available for use.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Comrade Morrow made a motion to continue the support of the ARIRI program. the motion was seconded by Comrade Messenger and passed unanimously.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 29 July 2018. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) The Widows Fund Donation was $310.00. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1825 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 23 August 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.