THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 26 DECEMBER 2019
2nd Vice Commander Quinn called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1805 hours in the Post Home.
The Charter was undraped in Memory of our Departed Comrades Herbert Burnett and George Miller.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by 2nd Vice Commander Quinn: Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; Historian, Comrade Meinhart; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Jaramillo.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the November and December 2019 Executive Committee and October 2019 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the October Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 234, broken down as follows: PUFL – 74; New - 41; Renewals – 118 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There were 6 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2020 will be 240.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) The canteen will be close on January 1st.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozlesky reported the following:
(1) Comrade Kozlesky gave a brief on updates to DD 214s, dental and medical insurance, and commissary and exchange access.
(2) Comrade Kozlesky has a POC for the VA office and the retired activities officer. If you would like to get in contact with them contact Comrade Kozlesky.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No Report.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 6 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Mooney made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Hoover and passed unanimously with one abstained vote. There were 2 applicants present.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) The fire inspection issues are still being worked.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 29 December 2019. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) There was $134.00 dollar in the Widow's Fund. The winner opted to share their half back to the Fund.
(3) Comrade Quinn informed the committee that a level 3 VA representative will be coming to the island around the MLK holiday period. If anyone would like to speak with them please contact Comrade Quinn; his contact information is available in the canteen.
Since no further business came before this Committee, 2nd Vice Commander Quinn adjourned the meeting at 1825 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 23 January 2020 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws. This also will be the elections for the new Executive Committee.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow T. H. Quinn