THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 25 JULY 2019
Commander Frease called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1806 hours in the Post Home.
The Charter was draped in Memory of our Departed Comrades Tom A. Knoll and Ronald J. Miller.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: 2nd Vice Commander Quinn; Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; and Sergeant at Arms, Comrade Mooney.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the July 2019 Executive Committee and June 2019 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the June Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 105, broken down as follows: PUFL – 74; New - 23; Renewals – 8 and Transfers-in - 0.
(2) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2020 will be 110.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes completed one disability claim and has one pending.
(2) Comrade Campbell from Post 123 passed away this morning.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Meinhart reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School fun day is still pending a rescheduled date.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Cathey made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Miller and passed unanimously with one abstained vote. There was 1 applicant present.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) The bid for repairs from the Fire Marshal inspection is being translated.
(2) One air conditioner in the Post is not working, pending to be fixed.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 28 July 2019. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) The Legion Softball team presented the PAC-wide firecracker championship trophy to Commander Frease.
(3) There was $66.00 dollar in the Widow's Fund. The winner opted to share their half back to the Fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1826 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 22 August 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease