THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 26 SEPTEMBER 2019
Commander Frease called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1803 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; and Sgt At Arms, Comrade Mooney.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the September 2019 Executive Committee and August 2019 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the August Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 177, broken down as follows: PUFL – 75; New - 25; Renewals – 76 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2020 will be 182.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes submitted his resignation on 30 August. If anyone is able to Post Services Officer, please speak to Commander Frease.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: No Report.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Miller made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Hoover and passed unanimously with two abstained votes. There were no applicants present.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) If anyone has a bid to fix the Fire Department inspection discrepancies please see Comrade Quinn.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 29 August 2019. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) There was $130.00 dollars in the Widow's Fund, $70.00 of which came from Comrade Sokol. The winner opted to share their half back to the Fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 18 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 24 October 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease