THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 27 SEPTEMBER 2018
Commander Cathey called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1805 hours in the Post Home.
All Executive officers were present.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the September 2018 Executive Committee and August 2018 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the August Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 181, broken down as follows: PUFL – 82; New - 36; Renewals – 63 and Transfers-in - 0.
(2) There are 8 new applicants to be voted on and if approved the Post Membership for 2019 will be 189.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes is currently working 8 disability claims.
(2) Comrade "Papi" Links is doing well in assisted care.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Comrade Clemons reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School has requested the date of 17 December for the Christmas party. More information will follow.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 8 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Ernst made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Brandon and passed unanimously. There were no applicants present and sworn in by Commander Cathey.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Comrade Reeves informed the Post that the contract for the spalling repairs has been completed. However, there were other issues identified during construction. New contracts will need to be prepared, more information to follow at a later date.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: No Report.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: No Report.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 26 August 2018. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) The Widows Fund Donation was $210.00, $70.00 of which was generously donated by Comrade Steve Sokol. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1816 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 25 October 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.