THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 23 MAY 2019
Commander Frease called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: Finance Officer, Comrade O'Brien; Services Officer, Comrade Barnes; Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; Historian, Comrade Meinhart; and Executive Committeeman, Comrade Jaramillo.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the May 2019 Executive Committee and April 2019 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the April Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 341, broken down as follows: PUFL – 82; New - 102; Renewals – 156 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There are 5 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2019 will remain 341.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: Comrade Messenger reported the following:
(1) The Canteen will host a lunch at 1200 on Memorial Day.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Comrade Barnes will not be available for the month of May. If you wish to contact him please use email.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Troop 112 will be present on at the Cemetery for the Memorial Day service.
(2) One Scout is awaiting the Eagle Board Review.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Quinn made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Mooney and passed unanimously. There were 3 applicants present.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) The restrooms are currently not operational. Sam's Cafe can be utilized.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) The Miyazato Ceremony will take place Sunday, 25 May. Meet at the Legion parking lot at 1100 if you wish to participate.
(2) The Memorial Day Ceremony will take place Monday, 26 May. Meet at the Legion parking lot at 1100 if you wish to participate.
(3) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 30 June 2019. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(4) The Widows Fund Donation was $82.00. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1836 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 27 June 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease