THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 28 MARCH 2019
Commander Frease called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1803 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: 1st Vice Commander, Comrade Chinn; Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; and Historian, Comrade Meinhart.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the March 2019 Executive Committee and February 2019 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the January Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2019 is 292, broken down as follows: PUFL – 82; New - 81; Renewals – 127 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There are 10 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2019 will be 302.
(3) When signing as recruiter for a new member, please ensure everything is legible and they meet the requirements to join the American Legion.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade "Papi" Links is not currently doing well.
(2) Comrade Barnes closed one disability claim and inherited another.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) If anyone has children and they are interested in the Boy Scouts, please see Comrade Kwong.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 10 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade O'Brien made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Cathey and passed unanimously. There was one applicant present.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Quinn reported the following:
(1) During the second week of April there will be some construction happening in the canteen.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
(1) The Post received an email from the Department, encouraging us to reach 105% of the following year's membership.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) April 21st is the Ernie Pyle ceremony. Bus sign up is behind the bar in the Canteen. The bus will leave at 0800 and be returning on the 1300 ferry. the Legion will then host a meal in the Canteen.
(2) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Sunday, 31 March 2019. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(3) The Widows Fund Donation was $327.00. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1824 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 25 April 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease