THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 28 April 2022
Commander Occomy called the Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post OK28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1800 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officer was absent from the meeting and was excused by Commander Occomy: Executive Committeeman Martin Mooney, and Alex Kwong.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The minutes of the 21 April Executive Committee Meeting and 24 March Membership Meeting were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Adjutant Holguin reported the following:
(1) The total Membership for 2022 is 303, broken down as follows: PUFL - 76; NEW - 67; RE-NEW - 156 TRANSFER-IN – 3
(2) There were 22 new applicants voted on at this meeting bringing our 2022 Post Membership to 325.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: 2nd Vice Commander Cathey reported the following: Nothing Significant to Report (NSTR).
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O’Brien reported the following:
The Financial statements were in the folders and available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Kozleski reported the following:
(1) The Service Officers report is posted on the Canteen Information board.
(2) Made contact with 3 Distressed Comrades (Health and Welfare checks): Pappy Links/Kelley Anderson/Howard Schell. (Note: Everything all good)
(3) Assisted 4 Service persons in processing VA/BDD claims. Total Time 8 hours in direct support.
(4) USNH provided the following link in scheduling COVID19 Vaccines.
Flu shots are now available. Those 65+ Booster COVID 19 vaccines notifications will be posted FACEBOOK and Via internal email distribution lists.
(5) FMP (Foreign Medical program) Health benefits for veterans travelling overseas and or residing overseas can apply for benefits if they have a service-connected disability
(6) BDD (VA benefits Delivery at Pre-Discharge Program) between 180 and 90 days prior to Separation https//www.va.gov/disability/how-to-file-claim/
VA office in Korea: DSN 757-2914; CML 050-3357-2914
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Adjutant Holguin read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 22 new applicants voted on. Comrade O’Brien motioned to accept the applicants which was seconded by Comrade Linker; carried by a unanimous vote.
(2) There was 1 applicant present and sworn in by Commander Occomy.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: NSTR
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: Commander Occomy reported the following:
Comrade Tafoya and Comrade Cathey are currently chairing the Office Renovation project. Tentative report will be presented at the 26 May membership meeting.
Current project includes replacing the flooring in the office area, purchase and installation of a TV, a zoom account, WIFI upgrades for the American Legion, new display cabinet for sale items and trophy stand, new computer for members use, new frames for photos, new bulletin board, improved traction for exterior stairs, kitchen renovation, updated Preamble poster, repair of current podium top, and a portable podium with the American Legion logo/emblem for events. We are still accepting suggestions to improve our appearance and efficiencies.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Commander Occomy reported the following: NSTR
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Occomy reported the following:
(1) Upcoming significant events are: The Miyazato Ceremony on 29 May 2022 and the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Tomari International Cemetery and Peace Prayer Park on 30 May 2022.
(2) There was $123 donated to the widow’s fund; winner donated back to the fund.
(3) The Tomari International Cemetery clean-up will tentatively take place on Sunday, 1 May 2022 and 28 May 2022. If anyone is interested in participating, please meet at the Tomari International Cemetery at 0900 hours.
Since no further business came before this Membership meeting, Commander Occomy adjourned the meeting at 1817 hours. The next Membership Meeting will be 1800 hours on 26 May 2022 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
G.R. Holguin L.T. Occomy