THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 24 OCTOBER 2019
Commander Frease called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1805 hours in the Post Home.
The Charter was draped in Memory of our Departed Comrades Herbert Burnett and George Miller.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Frease: 2nd Vice Commander Quinn; Judge Advocate, Comrade Occomy; and Historian, Comrade Meinhart.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the October 2019 Executive Committee and September 2019 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the September Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2020 is 198, broken down as follows: PUFL – 74; New - 30; Renewals – 93 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on at this meeting and if approved the Post Membership for 2020 will be 203.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No Report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Comrade O'Brien reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Commander Kozleski reported the following:
(1) Comrade Kozleski introduced himself and made note of the items on the bulletin board that have things needed in case of one's death. He suggested everyone read it if they get a chance.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) The AmerAsian School Christmas party will take place 21 December at the AmerAsian School from 0930-1300.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) There were 5 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Mooney made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade O'Brien and passed unanimously. There were no applicants present.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: Comrade Chin reported the following:
(1) Comrade Chin requested that everyone help to make sure the outside of the Post is neat and orderly. He also made a point that below the stairs is not a place for people to leave trash.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: None.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Frease reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery and Legion Post will take place on Sunday, 29 August 2019. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) There was $104.00 dollars in the Widow's Fund. The winner opted to share their half back to the Fund.
(3) The Veteran's Day ceremony and Post Everlasting Ceremony will take place on November 11th at 1111.
(4) There will be no meeting in November due to Thanksgiving. There will be a Thanksgiving meal at the Post on 28 November starting at 1200.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Frease adjourned the meeting at 1817 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 19 December 2019 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow M. E. Frease