THE AMERICAN LEGION
WAYNE E. MARCHAND POST 28
KITANAKAGUSKU-SON, OKINAWA, JAPAN 901-2316
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – 24 MAY 2018
Commander Cathey called the General Membership Meeting of Wayne E. Marchand Post #28, Department of the Philippines, to order at 1808 hours in the Post Home.
The following Post Officers were absent from the meeting and were excused by Commander Cathey: 1st Vice Commander, Comrade Reeves; 2nd Vice Commander and Finance Officer, Comrade O'Brien; Historian, Comrade Clemons; Sergeant at Arms, Comrade Mooney; Judge Advocate, Comrade Frease; Executive Committeeman; Comrade Meinhart; Executive Committeeman; Comrade Warren.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES:
The Minutes of the May 2018 Executive Committee and April 2018 Membership Meetings were available for review and there being no additions, deletions or corrections to the April Membership Meeting, they stood as read.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Comrade Morrow reported the following:
(1) The total for Membership Year 2018 is 339, broken down as follows: PUFL – 83; New - 103; Renewals – 152 and Transfers-in - 1.
(2) There are 6 new applicants to be voted on and if approved the Post Membership for 2018 will remain 339.
HOUSE COMMITTEE: No report.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) The Post and Canteen Financial Statements were available for review.
POST SERVICES OFFICER: Comrade Barnes reported the following:
(1) Comrade Links is in the Naval Hospital on the 4th floor, and will soon be moved into assisted living soon.
(2) The Veterans Evaluation Services are now available behind the Union Life insurance agency across the street.
HISTORIAN/CHILDREN/YOUTH: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Boy Scout Troop 112 will be having a Eagle Scout promotion ceremony at the Crow's Nest on June 5 at 1800.
(2) Boy Scout Troop 112 will be available to help with the Memorial Day ceremony at the Tomari Warf.
(3) Anyone interested in having their children become scouts are urged to speak with Comrade Kwong for further information.
AMERICANISM: No Report.
BALLOTING OF APPLICATIONS: Comrade Morrow read the names of the new applicants:
(1) There were 6 new applicants to be voted on. Comrade Zackeroff made a motion to accept the applicants as read. The motion was seconded by Comrade Ernst and passed unanimously. There were 4 applicants present and sworn in by Commander Cathey.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS: No Report
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: No Report
NEW BUSINESS AND CORRESPONDENCE: No Report.
GOOD OF THE AMERICAN LEGION: Commander Cathey reported the following:
(1) Clean up at the International Cemetery will take place on Saturday, 26 May 2018. Anyone desiring to participate, please meet in the parking lot at 0900 hours.
(2) The Widows Fund Donation was $67.00. The winner of the fund opted to donate his share back to the fund.
(3) The Post Annual Miyazato Memorial Service will take place on 27 May 2018. We will leave the Legion parking lot at 0800 hours.
(4) The Post Annual Memorial Day service at Tomari International Cemetary will take place on Monday 28 May 2018. We will leave the legion parking lot at 0800 hours. From there we will go to Mabuni Peace Park and say a prayer, lay a wreath and play taps. We will return to the legion for chow afterwards.
Since no further business came before this Committee, Commander Cathey adjourned the meeting at 1825 hours. The next regular Membership Meeting will be at 1800 hours on 28 June 2018 in accordance with the Post Constitution and By-Laws.
Prepared By: Approved By:
W. E. Morrow C. H. Cathey Jr.